As a kitchen volunteer, assist the cook with food prep, cleaning, and cooking.Ø Assist the cook, Lydia, by chopping veggies and fruit and create salads for the residents, staff, and alumni.
Ø Clean and organize the food storage and cooking supplies
You will be taking part in creating delicious food for residents who are trying to change their lives and live a life of recovery. Food plays a huge part in how we build community at Men's residential Center.
· Comfortable around kitchen duties i.e. using knives, handling food
· Ability to stand for the majority of the shift, lift items that are about 25lbs, and work in warm kitchen
· Desire to assist the cook in whatever duties need to be completed
· Possess (or obtain a food handler's card)
· The availability to become a long-term member of the community.
Shifts are Monday-Friday, 9am-lunch time (changes daily, but is never past 12:00pm), we would like to have a volunteer every day, but we are fine with it being multiple volunteers.
Men's Residential Center: A one-year chemical dependency and cognitive restructuring program utilizing therapeutic community, evidence-based practices, and compassionate accountability to provide our clients with the opportunity to make the choices to engage in recovery both from their disease of chemical dependency and from their criminal lifestyle/harmful thinking patterns.
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours